Summary of covid-19 responses by top Brands
How did leading Brands respond to Covid19 crisis?
A study of the largest global and Indian brands led to an understanding of 5 key themes of actions:
1. Support employees & partners to continue work safely and sustainably.
2. Speed innovations to develop solutions for customers and other stakeholders.
3. Ensure customer service with enhanced digitization and safe processes.
4. Donate funds for relief efforts and production of lifesaving solutions.
5. Communicate with Covid19 specific content, motivating songs, letters from CEOs.
Indian Brands contributed significantly to government relief funds. When compared to global top brands, Indian brands were muted in ‘speeding up innovations’ and ‘supporting employees & partners’.
Few standout actions captured imagination — Asian Paints’ salary increase for employees and cash transfers to contractors; TATA’s commitment of ₹1500 crores towards Covid19 relief; Reliance Foundation founder’s letter articulating cohesively its Covid19 response were notable.
We looked at only top ten brands from BrandZ™ Top 75 Most Valuable Indian Brands 2019 list. Many other brands, not included here, have responded generously and smartly to create an impact on society, and the brand.
How has your brand responded?
This article was first posted on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/posts/monikagera_brands-covid19-brandvalues-activity-6674235369732608001-g-AF